American Ann Li edged out Pole Magdalena Frech 5-7, 6-2, 7-6 (5) to advance to the quarter-finals of the Dow Tennis Classic at Greater Midland Tennis Center on Wednesday night.
Li, ranked No 147, will face the winner of the match between Japanese Nao Hibino and American Robin Anderson next.
The 22-year-old American won against Russian Varvara Gracheva, the No 6 seed (4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-3) ahead of her victory.
In the previous round, Frech, ranked No 114, edged out American Coco Vandeweghe (4-6, 7-5, 6-4).
Midland WTA 125, other second-round results (Greater Midland Tennis Center, USD 115.000, most recent results first):
- Catherine McNally vs. Su Jeong Jang
- Anna-Lena Friedsam vs. Sachia Vickery
- Elizabeth Mandlik vs. Camila Osorio
- Nao Hibino vs. Robin Anderson
- Katherine Sebov vs. Lin Zhu
- Ashlyn Krueger vs. Peyton Stearns
- Sofia Kenin vs. Madison Brengle
This news is republished from another source. You can check the original article here